4-Band: 40, 20, 17, 12, 10, & 6 meters. 68 feet (23'+45') long.
This antenna can be used as an off-center fed shortwave antenna to provide continuous coverage from 500 kHz to 60 MHz SWL.
This antenna is handcrafted with materials carefully tested & selected by Chris Ni4L for quality & durability, based on its intended use and price point:
HIGH STRENGTH AERIAL WIRES
Poly-STEALTH ™ High Strength Aerial Wires are manufactured with high strength, high conductivity Bare Copper-Clad Steel (BCCS) and insulated with a high quality UV Resistant Polyethylene to provide you with one of the strongest and longest lasting antenna wires on the market today.
The strongest wire of the group is ideal for the longest of wire runs with or without additional support.Advantages to Poly-STEALTH ™ High Strength Aerial Wires:
Ideal balance of strength and flexibility
Low-Gloss finish and small size makes wire disappear into the background
Superior abrasion resistance for running through trees
UV & Weather resistant for use on the seacoast or in other harsh environments subjected to acid rain, high wind, or high snow and ice loads.
- Balun: Manufactured by Unadilla, the W2AU 4:1 balun is power rated at 1.5 kilowatt SSB, with a heavy-duty built-in center insulator and a large eyebolt to support the antenna without placing undue strain on the BALUN or terminals. The W2AU is the preferred Balun of Amateurs worldwide. W2AUs operate at a low VSWR from 1.8 to 40 mHz, and handle power up to 2 KW PEP (at SWRs of less than 3:1). W2AU Baluns are transformer designs with ferrite cores to provide 95% minimum coupling efficiency. Each has a built-in lightning arrestor, hang up hook, and 600 lbs of pull-apart strength in a weatherized, rugged package using only stainless steel hardware and quality materials. The 4:1 balun matches 50(75) ohm unbalanced coax to 200(300) ohm.
- Each wire is swaged with 1/8" aluminum double ferrules-sleeves at the balun and at the ends.
- Each connection to the balun is crimped and covered with adhesive-lined heat shrink.
No trimming needed - fully assembled, complete and ready to go with end-insulators, crimped center, and end connections. Add your 50-Ohm coaxial feed line, suspension rope, and away you go! It can be hung Flat or as an Inverted V configuration.
Some of the advantages of the OCF antennas:
- Eliminate send/receive tuner loss – Quickly switch bands and eliminate a tuner as one more thing to adjust. (NOTE: Always check the SWR BEFORE using this with any antenna tuner).
- Since one wire leg of the antenna is shorter, the OCF is more convenient to erect than a regular center-fed dipole.
- Less coax is required.
Remember to stay away from power lines!
Reviews Hide Reviews
OCF 4 Bands 40-6 HF
An outstanding antenna. Beautifully made and the swr's are right on the dot. Even work 80m even thought the antenna is not made for it. Can you suggest anyway to improve working 80m with this antenna. I would appreciate hearing from you. 73's, Joe N2DAB
Best made antennas on the market for amateur use
This is the second NI4L antenna I have bought in the last two years and since the first one worked so well, I bought my second one from him. They are well made to withstand the sun and weathering for many years and the 40-6 OCF antenna will fit nicely in my limited space application. You will receive the quality and workmanship you pay for and after using many others, I can say that NI4L has the best.
Works As expected
Very good workmanship. quality componets
This antenna is a good buy
I was looking for a lower cost alternative to an HF vertical. This is it. It's well made and on 1, 20, and 40 meters it works really well with NO tuner. I have some trouble tuning 6 meters but can tune it in with my tuner.
I got this antenna to replace G5RV Jr. The quality of construction of this antenna is impressive.. More impressive is the performance.. SWR is low across all 4 bands and receiving strong signal reports.. Great antenna.