Dual Core 240/31 Balun 1500 watts RTTY 5KW ICAS Half-Wave Dipole.
Each Antenna & Balun are handcrafted to order & built in the U.S.A. with materials carefully tested & selected by Ni4L for quality & durability:
- Wire: #14 polyethylene black jacketed FLEX-WEAVE™ - machine crimped for permanent connection: FLEX-WEAVE™ is a sophisticated hybrid aerial wire constructed of 168 strands of #36 wire in a #14 highly UV-resistant PVC jacket. This innovation provides rope lay construction strength and high flexibility. It can be tied in knots to insulators and untied for repeated use. Flex-Weave is sometimes referred to as "wire rope" or "jewelers rope". It will not kink or rust out as will copper-clad wire. It is excellent for quads, dipoles, long wires, and rapid deployment (spooled-out) antennas. The PVC jacket has superior abrasion resistance for running through trees and is UV and weather resistant for use on the seacoast or in other harsh environments. It will stand up to acid rain, high wind loads, and high snow and ice loads.
- Balun: The Dual Core 240/31 Balun is power rated at 1500 watts RTTY, 5KW ICAS. It operates at a low VSWR from 1.8 to 40 mHz and handles power up to 5 KW PEP (at SWRs of less than 3:1). The ferrite cores are 2 1/4" in diameter using 240/31 material, and the coil is made with Teflon coax wire. The Balun is encased in 3 inch pvc round tubing, and includes a large top eyebolt to support the antenna without placing undue strain on the BALUN or terminals, with 600 lbs of pull-apart strength in a weatherized, rugged package using only stainless steel hardware.
- Double aluminum ferrules are used to hold the wire in place on the balun and are double machine-crimped.
- Each wire is swaged with 1/8" aluminum double ferrules-sleeves at the balun and at the ends.
- Each connection to the balun is crimped copper-to-copper. Adhesive-lined heat shrink is then applied over the connection to give it a nice,watertight seal.
No trimming needed - fully assembled, complete and ready to go with end-insulators, crimped center, and end connections. NOTE: If no frequency is specified, end connections will be left uncrimped for adjustment in the field. Add your 50-Ohm coaxial feed line, suspension rope, and away you go! It can be hung Flat or as an Inverted V configuration.
This antenna and balun are built to give you years of worry free service!
Remember to stay away from power lines!
Not only does it look great but it works even better great antenna going to order another for 60 meter soon n5tzh